|Sunday Liturgy and Other Services On-line
In an attempt to minister to those who, for good reason, are unable to attend services and to share the good news of Christ with the world, Holy Cross now broadcasts all its services over the Internet. Join us for our live broadcast of Orthros and the Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom each Sunday (Orthros: 8:30 AM, Divine Liturgy: 10:00 AM).
- Please complete your pledge card and send it in, or bring it by the church office - we would love to see you! Help the church plan for its 2014 expenses.
- There's still time! Please complete your pledge card and send it in, or bring it by the church office - we would love to see you! Help the church plan for its 2013 expenses.
THE THREE HIERARCHS BOOKSTORE
- Our Holy Cross Three Hierarchs Bookstore is well-stocked with Orthodox books and gift items. Stop by and peruse the collection of books, icons, music CD’s, cassettes, and special gift items.
HOLY CROSS PARISHIONERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO
- . . . donate such church necessities as incense, olive oil (for kandilia), flowers or monetary donations toward the same. Your kindness may also be given in remembrance or in honor of a friend or family member -- the appropriate acknowledgments will be sent. E-mail or speak to Father Peter regarding your contribution.
- that one of the most beautiful retreat centers in California belongs to the San Francisco Metropolis? It's the Saint Nicholas Ranch and Retreat Center in Dunlap. The ranch hosts many retreats and of course youth camps and is the home of the Monastery of the Theotokos. If you would like to learn more about the Ranch, click here or bookmark http://www.stnicholasranch.org.
- the speeches or seeing video clips from the Ecumenical Patriarchate's historic visit to the United States, including his visit to our Metropolis? Visit the
site or see the following news link.
INTERESTED IN VISITING SHUT-INS? -- An opportunity to serve
- Please see or e-mail Father Peter following services to find out how you can assist parishioners
who are unable to attend Church due to poor health, transportation problems, or distance.
Please click here for the current and complete issue of Sunday's Bulletin.
|Special News for our Youth!
As a youthful member of our community you are encouraged to be here on time to celebrate the Divine Liturgy with your Orthodox family because
you are an important member of our Church! Put your Faith into action! And if you have any questions about happenings in the service ask your
teacher or Konstantine Salmas.
Holy Cross Youth who wish to participate in our Youth Ministries MUST maintain an 80% Church/Sunday School attendance in order to be eligible. If you
have any concerns about your attendance, please contact Konstantine Salmas.
for 1st through high school. All subjects. Please call the church office for information.
Interested in contributing an article for next months' Holy Cross YOUTH Currents? Contact Father John Kocolas at 591-4447.
What you're reading now is a new section of our website directed specifically to "Kids and Older Kids." How will this be different than our "Special News for Youth" section? WE don't even know. What we hope to do is to add new items frequently to keep you coming back -- specifically, items about our youth ministry : youth groups, athletics, dance, etc.; and websites that we've come across that you might find interesting. The first such website is listed below (along with a teaser picture from the site) -- we'll keep adding to this list as we go along. Enjoy! Let us know how else we can serve your interests with this section of the Church website.
Our Teen Night Youth Group is called B.L.A.S.T.! - Building Lives Around Spiritual Truth.
It is both our motto and our goal. Join us every other Wednesday nights in The Oaks from 7 to 8:30 PM. An unforgettable and enlightening experience each week. Click on this link, and then bookmark it, for all the latest B.L.A.S.T. news including meeting times, special events, etc. Questions? Contact Father John Kocolas!
Click on this link, and then bookmark it, for all the latest dance news including practice times, performance dates, etc.
For many years, eScrip was a major part of the fundraising efforts for the dance, athletic, and youth programs at Holy Cross. We want that to happen again. eScrip costs nothing but brings in to our Youth Council a portion of the money you all spend shopping. Signing up is really easy. Here's how and please do:
Click this link, enter "Youth Council of the Holy Cross Church" or our Group ID # "6079703" when prompted, then complete the remaining steps. That's it!
Thanks for supporting the Youth Programs at Church of the Holy Cross!
- Wednesday, November 27 – 6 PM, Orthros; 7 PM, Divine Liturgy – Thanksgiving Eve
- Saturday, November 30 – 8 AM, Orthros; 9 AM, Divine Liturgy – Saint Andrew
- Saturday, November 30 – 5:30 PM, Great Vespers
- Sunday, December 1 – 8:30 AM, Orthros; 10 AM, Divine Liturgy
- Wednesday, December 4 – 8 AM, Matins; 9 AM, Divine Liturgy -- Saint Barbara
- Thursday, December 5 – 8 AM, Matins; 9 AM, Divine Liturgy -- Saint Savvas
- Friday, December 6 – 8 AM, Matins; 9 AM, Divine Liturgy -- Saint Nicholas
- Saturday, December 7 – 5:30 PM, Great Vespers
- Sunday, December 8 – 8:30 AM, Orthros; 10 AM, Divine Liturgy
|Holy Cross Church & Belmont Greek Festival Networking
+ = + = + = +
Dec 8, Jan 19, 2014
GROUP I - TMavrakakis, PFlocas, SCharonis, NSarles, STonas, JSogas, NPeros, CDroutsas, DIuppa
Dec 15, Jan 26, 2014
GROUP II - CDaskalakis, SRisting, JFetsco, PMetropoulos, EEconomos, SLightfoot, DClary, BDanigelis, JFitzpatrick
Dec 22, Dec 24 Xmas Eve, Dec 25 Xmas, Feb 2, 2014
GROUP III - PBibbes, JCladis, TPappas, AKeriotis, CGagas, GBibbes, JHarris, MSimon, ACheatham
Dec 29, Dec 31 NYE, Feb 9, 2014
GROUP IV - BNemchik, CFrangos, KDedo, HBreeze, KKalaitzidis, JStephanos, ATonas, PMakrias, MScott
Nov 24, Nov 28 Thanksgiving, Jan 5, 2014, Feb 16, 2014, Feb 22 S/Souls
GROUP V - ASmith, VHytopoulos, KRisting, TEleftheriades, TManeatis, JSmith, EGiotinis, PLouridas
Jan 12, 2014, Feb 23, 2014, March 1, 2014 S/Souls
GROUP VI - GMilanos, GBrenner, AMaridakis, SMonolakis, TMonolakis, AMonolakis, KScolari, CCalfas